In this video a doctor gives us five tips to keep you body happy and healthy.
- Vitamin D: Vitamin D is not only related to sunshine. We need Vitamin D for our brains, our heart, and bones. The sad thing is that only 50% of people have levels of vitamin D that are measurable. Vitamin D does not occur naturally and we need to take supplements to get it in.
- Cod liver oil: This liver oil was very common years ago but nowadays not many people drink it. It has lots of vitamin D, omega 3 and vitamin A. Omega 3 affects our cell memories, heart, lower heart diseases and improve brain function.
- Fiber: Nowadays we do not eat much fiber and yet it is so important. Fiber lowers our insulin levels, lowers blood pressure, it is good for inflammations, to prevent diabetes, to lower cholesterol and for heart diseases. If you are not getting it in your diet then break it down and eat a spoon of different products available for fiber. If you eat a spoon of fiber before a meal, it will lower the sugar levels and you will feel full so you will not eat much.
- Calcium: In average we get 600mg a day of calcium when we really need 1200mg a day. We need calcium not only for the bones, but for the blood vessels. Calcium lowers blood pressure. We also need Vitamin D to get the calcium absorbed. So take a supplement with vitamin D and calcium, or eat lots of cucumber and spinach.
- Throw out your scale: We obsess ourselves with weighing but what is important is measuring ourselves. Exercise: do lots of walking and measure yourself. Make a goal of losing two inches.
I hope you found these tips helpful. The most important thing to remember for a happy life is that we are mind, body and soul all in one and that the body is our temple. We need to respect it and look after it. We respect it by eating healthy food and exercising regularly.