Many children have the bad habit of saying “I do not like this” without even trying it. I was one of them and for many years I said “I do not like sweet potatoes” but I had never tried them. I want to kick myself. I missed to eat on sweet potatoes for so long.
Sweet potatoes can be the ideal replacement for potatoes: The health benefits of sweet potatoes are:
– rich in beta-carotene
– good source of vitamin C.
– Can help reduce arthritis symptoms due to the anti-inflammatory properties of beta-carotene and vitamin C
– Studies have shown that can stabilize sugar levels so they are great food for diabetics.
Here are some ways to prepare sweet potatoes:
– Diced them in cubes and steam them for about 7-10 minutes, She said to top with butter, but I would just eat them like that.
– Peel them, steam them and mash them. Add olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
– Mash them. Mix cinnamon with shredded coconut and chopped nuts. Sprinkle over sweet potatoes. and add
– Buy organic or otherwise peel sweet potatoes, poke holes, coat with olive oil and sea salt. Baked them at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
Do not buy sweet potatoes from the refrigerator and do not keep them in your refrigerator. The moisture can alter the taste. Keep them in a cool and dark place. It should last for a week.
I hope you enjoy. I love sweet potatoes or just potatoes. That could be my whole lunch or dinner.
In Argentina they make Dulce de batata which is made out of sweet potato with sugar. Obviously is not as healthy as it has lots of sugar, but if you ever have a chance you should. My sister used to love it. I was not so keen on it since I did not like sweet potatoes at the time.