Sleep has many benefits, and one of them is a stable mood. Lack of sleep will definitely affect your mood, I personally guilty of that. I want to do too much and always sleep less.
Ylonda Caviness, Family and Lifestyle Correspondent of Howdini, talks about the importance of a regular night sleep. She refers mainly to insomnia, but this could apply also to people that decide to sleep less.
* If you suffer from insomnia you probably have too many things in your head. The best thing to do is get is to write them down, make a list and get them out of your system
* do not have a cup of coffee, after 3,
* Do not watch TV late or read a novel.
* Do not take work to bed
* Use the bed only to sleep and for sexual life.
* If after 30 minutes of being in bed you cannot sleep then get up and do something where your brain will relax, like folding some laundry or having a bath.
* Have a bed routine, go to bed at the same time every day and wake up at the same time, including on weekends. Have a cup of tea or a bath, every day, like a routine. Listen to relaxing music or water sound.
* Women suffer more from insomnia because they tend to carry the world on her shoulders.
* Consult a doctor as insomnia can be a symptom for a more serious disease like high blood pressure or asthma
* Natural or pharmaceutical sleep tablets should be your last resort.
It is estimated that 40 millions Americans suffer from some sort of sleep disorder. Another 20 million suffer from occasional sleep disorders. It has been estimated that this carry a 16 million dollars in health cost per year. This does not include any other country statistics. Are you one of those?