If you are not working during the holidays, I will encourage you to clear your house and clear your mind. Prepare your physical and mental environment to start a new year, and start with the right foot.
- So clear your house of clutter, and clear your mind. It is not always possible to clear all your house of clutter, in few days, but start sorting out and tidying up your house
- Sort out papers that are lying around and try to finish pending issues.
- Then get your new 2013 diary or goal books and write your goals for the next six months to a year. Really think about them \You can write just one goal, or several goals in all areas of your life
You can set a small goal or a big, goal. If it is a small goal, also make sure that the goal will contribute to your bigger goals in life.
Remember some basic points when setting goals: I follow the SMERTIE principle (as opposed to the SMART principle)
S- for specific. Goals need to be specific: Do not say I want to be richer or slimmer. How much richer do you want to be, how much money do you want to earn per month? How many kilos do you want to lose, or what size clothing you want to wear.
M – for measurable. The goal needs to be measurable: If you say I want to be a better parent, it will be difficult to measure. If you do not measure it, it will be difficult to know if you have achieved it. Rather say, I would like to spend an hours a day playing with my kids, or I will dedicate half an hour a day to talk to my children.
E – for Evidence. There needs to be evidence that you have reached your goal. If your goal is specific and measurable most probably it will become evident when you achieve your goal.
R – for responsibility. You are responsible for your life and you are responsible for achieving your goals. No one is going to come and do the work for you.
T – for Timed. There needs to be a specific time to your goal. If you do not set a time then you will probably never do much to achieve it.
I – for inspirational . The goal needs to inspire you enough to get you out of bed every day.
E- for Emotional. Emotion means e-motion, which is energy in motion, as in moving forward.
There are rules also to set goals:
When you write your goals, there are certain rules:
- You can have anything you want. Just ask and it will be given. You are allowed to think Big
- Do not say to your self I cannot do that, I cannot have that.
- Write your goal, when you write your goals in ink, something magic happens. You commit to it. So write your goals down. Type them nicely, and then you can laminate them and set it on the walls where you will see them often.
- Read your goals everyday. DO not just read your goals like if you are reading your homework. Read them with emotions and feelings. When you read them see yourself having achieved your gaols. Feel it, what would it be like to have achieved them.
- Whenever your mind starts thinking negatively, think about your goals and see yourself having achieved them.
- Take action every day. Just by reading your goal it will not become a reality. You need to take action. Once you take action the universe will open doors, and help you out. You will start seeing coincidences, and if you keep at it, there is no way you will not achieve your goals.
- Keep positive, if life throws you a lemon, make lemonade. If too many obstacles present themselves then look at the positive side. What do I need to learn from this? Is the Universe trying to test me? Perhaps you can learn something from it, and see new opportunities. .
Remember that you will not be presented with anything that you cannot handle.
And if you mess it up so what, it is just a small experience compared to your existence in this universe. But remember you never mess it up; it is always a learning experience. Always see the glass half full.
Make one of your goals to stay positive and practice law of attraction every day. Remember that even when you are not aware f it, you are still practicing. You are always attracting, positive or negative things. So rather choose to attract positive things.
Continue with your gratitude list. That is something like brushing your teeth. And yes sometimes is okay to forget it, but try to do it every day. You must find something to be grateful for.
I really want to wish you a Merry Christmas and I hope Santa Claus gives you the gift of being able to see the good in everything.
30 Day Law of Attraction Challenge Update – Day 22 to 26
It has been some days that I have not written, and I must admit that I had some negative days. And that is fine. I started this challenge to create a habit that will last for life, but we cannot expect realistically all days of your life to be perfect.
The thing is that I had a day, where I got reading some things that were not so positive. And I got nervous, negative and anxious
Last night I even went to bed without doing my gratitude list. I just remembered that, and of course I did not listen to my affirmations last night when I went to bed. I was tired and wanted to go to bed
This morning I was planning to meditate as soon as I got up, but suddenly needed to check something urgent and the morning went. I went to visit a friend that is in hospital, and came home visited a forum, and someone was talking about meditation.
Someone shared their own experience with meditation, and there and then, I did a 20 minutes breathing meditation. Just me and my breath, no music. It was a recorded meditation, but just listening about sounds around you and your breathing.
Well that calmed me a bit, and I have decided that after this challenge finishes I will start a 30 day meditation challenge. Meditation is different than visualization. During meditation you just still your mind. But I will continue doing my visualization.
A setback is not a failure, but it is just a setback. I am planning to continue with my visualization and meditation for the rest of my life.
How is your challenge going. We have few days to finish the challenge, but what is important is that you create the habit to continue this for life.
If you have not joined the 30 day Law of Attraction Challenge, you can still join it.