I am not always the best water drinker. Sometimes I rather drink tea than water. Unfortunately this is very common for many people. Why drink Water?
My intention with this post was reinforcing some facts about drinking water so I can get myself back on track. At the same time I Can help people becoming aware of the benefits of drinking water.
You probably heard before that you need to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. The reality is that we should drink half of our body weight in ounces. So, if you weigh 150 pounds you should drink 75 ounces of water. Sounds a lot but remember that our body is 95% water.
Recently I have been hearing about people close to me being sick. As soon as someone over 40 is sick, it is assumed that it is age related. "C'est la vie" is their attitude. This almost makes me angry. We have all the resources to look after our health and live a different life..
Why Drink Water?
Here are some facts about drinking water. Perhaps after reading this you will start drinking more water:
- The benefits of drinking water are not superfluous. Water can be a miracle cure for many diseases like migraines, headaches, joint pain and back pain. If you have not read water cure, then I suggest you get a copy. If you are suffering from an ailment you may improve your condition by just drinking water.
- Our brain is 85% water. If you think you are too old to think or your short term memory is not the same as it is used to be, then perhaps you need to look at the amount of water you are drinking. A drop of just 2% in your body can cause short term memory problems, and trouble with basic math. Concentration and focus can also be affected by not drinking enough water.
- Water helps to cleanup our bodies. Water is a carrier of waste material. It helps to detox our bodies. We clean our houses, and our external bodies and yet we take little care about cleaning the inside of our bodies.
- Water contributes to the level of oxygen in the body. If your body is well hydrated then the level of oxygen in your body will be higher. The more oxygen your body has, the more energy you will feel you have. Moreover the body needs oxygen to burn fat. So the more water you drink, the more fat your body will burn.
- Water suppresses appetite. If you feel hungry before eating, try to drink some water. If you are still hungry then eat, but otherwise you were just thirsty. It is very common to confuse hunger with thirst.
- The more your cells are dehydrated the weaker they will be. Therefore your immune system will get weaker and weaker, making you prone to diseases. There are many people that have cured severe conditions by just drinking water. Many books were written about how water can cure you.
- If you think you do not need water in winter then I am afraid to tell you that you are wrong. Perhaps you need more water in winter than in summer, specially if you live in a dry area, or if you are constantly in artificially warm places.
- If you are dehydrated, you will probably eat more, and put on weight. Remember also if you are not drinking water the body does not have enough oxygen to burn fat.